Ravioli with Green Pea Pesto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 572
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 7.8g
- Carbohydrate: 69g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sodium: 633mg
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- 2 packages (9 oz. each) cheese-filled ravioli or tortellini
- 2 1/2 cups frozen petite peas, thawed
- 2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 2 1/4 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, rinsed
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon olive or salad oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 quarts water to a boil; add ravioli. Stir occasionally until pasta is tender to bite, 4 to 6 minutes; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, purée peas, broth, 2 cups basil leaves, and mint leaves.
- 3. In a 3- to 4-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir or shake pine nuts until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour from pan.
- 4. Add oil and garlic to pan; stir just until garlic begins to brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add pea mixture and stir until steaming.
- 5. Add drained ravioli to sauce and mix gently. Spoon equally into wide bowls.
- 6. Cut remaining basil leaves into slivers and scatter over portions. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This