we really enjoyed. A couple of minor changes - I used a bread machine part whole wheat crust, fresh herbs instead of dried because I had them, and reduced fat mozzarella because my store didn't have the blend. Served with a salad. My chicken was some leftover grilled chicken. Tasted like a specialty pizza in the better pizza restaurants. Great flavor and we managed to stop at two pieces each - it was pretty substantial.
Ratatouille Pizza with Chicken
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
The addition of chicken to a quick ratatouille makes a great-tasting and satisfying pizza when put on a crust. Serve with a green salad for a light weekday supper.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 249
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 18.1g
- Carbohydrate: 26.3g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 409mg
- Calcium: 273mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Japanese eggplant, halved lengthwise and cut into (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) Italian cheese-flavored thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1 cup chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast meat
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat pizza-blend cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan. Add eggplant, bell pepper, and onion; sauté 3 minutes or until eggplant begins to soften. Reduce heat to medium. Add mushrooms, and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Place crust on a baking sheet. Spread vegetable mixture evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Arrange the chicken over vegetable mixture; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Arrange tomatoes over cheese, and lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and tomatoes are softened. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note