we really enjoyed. A couple of minor changes - I used a bread machine part whole wheat crust, fresh herbs instead of dried because I had them, and reduced fat mozzarella because my store didn't have the blend. Served with a salad. My chicken was some leftover grilled chicken. Tasted like a specialty pizza in the better pizza restaurants. Great flavor and we managed to stop at two pieces each - it was pretty substantial.
Ratatouille Pizza with Chicken
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
The addition of chicken to a quick ratatouille makes a great-tasting and satisfying pizza when put on a crust. Serve with a green salad for a light weekday supper.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 249
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 18.1g
- Carbohydrate: 26.3g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 409mg
- Calcium: 273mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Japanese eggplant, halved lengthwise and cut into (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) Italian cheese-flavored thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1 cup chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast meat
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat pizza-blend cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan. Add eggplant, bell pepper, and onion; sauté 3 minutes or until eggplant begins to soften. Reduce heat to medium. Add mushrooms, and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Place crust on a baking sheet. Spread vegetable mixture evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Arrange the chicken over vegetable mixture; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Arrange tomatoes over cheese, and lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and tomatoes are softened. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes