- 12 ounces refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed eggplant
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini rounds
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow squash rounds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into small pieces
- 3/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion rings
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- calories 392
- fat 11.6 g
- satfat 4.9 g
- monofat 4.6 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 15 g
- carbohydrate 55 g
- fiber 10 g
- cholesterol 20 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 585 mg
- calcium 102 mg
How to Make It
Remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature, covered, for 30 minutes.
Preheat broiler to high.
Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 12 minutes or until blackened. Wrap pepper in foil; close tightly. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Heat oven to 500° (keep stone or sheet in oven as it preheats).
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add eggplant; sauté 3 minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Remove eggplant mixture from pan; set aside. Add zucchini, squash, and oregano to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Remove zucchini mixture from pan; set aside.
Combine marinara and vinegar.
Roll dough into a 14-inch circle. Pierce liberally with a fork. Remove stone from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal on stone. Place dough on stone; bake at 500° for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread marinara mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with half of mozzarella. Arrange zucchini mixture over cheese. Top with remaining mozzarella, eggplant mixture, peppers, and onion rings. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake 10 minutes or until crust is done. Top with basil and crushed red pepper. Cut into 8 wedges.