Great sidedish. I served it with rice. The ingredients can be flexible. I didn't have yellow pepper so used only the red and green. It was a hit with everyone, even those who weren't so fond of vegetables. I'm making it again today!
Ratatouille requires a good amount of chopping, but it's definitely worthy it for this veggie-packed side dish.
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 pound zucchini
- 1/2 pound yellow squash
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 small eggplant (about 1 lb.), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1. Cut first 5 ingredients into 1-inch pieces.
- 2. Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or just until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes and next 2 ingredients, and sauté 8 to 10 minutes or just until eggplant begins to soften. Stir in bell peppers, zucchini, and squash; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid is slightly reduced. Stir in basil. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, and sauté 3 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This