Raspberry Upside-Down Cake
Try Raspberry Upside-Down Cake for a sweet and fruity dessert that satisfies. Fun to make and even more fun to eat!
Yield: Makes 9 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- Garnish: additional raspberries and sliced almonds
- Drizzle butter in a 9" round cake pan; sprinkle sugar over top. Arrange raspberries, open ends up, over sugar mixture; sprinkle with almonds.
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients except garnish. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 4 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick tests clean. Immediately place a heatproof serving plate upside-down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake for one minute to allow sugar mixture to drizzle over cake; remove pan.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving. Garnish as desired and serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings