Raspberry-Topped Amaretto Tarts
Photography: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Make and refrigerate the tarts (without the raspberries) earlier in the day. Arrange the fruit on top just before serving. You can also make the tarts in 2 (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 tart)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 307
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 47.6g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 124mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 279mg
- Calcium: 175mg
- 1/4 cup vanilla wafer cookie crumbs (about 6 cookies)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare crust, combine crumbs, butter, and 1 teaspoon sugar, tossing with a fork until moist. Divide mixture evenly between 2 (4.75-inch) ceramic crème brûlée dishes coated with cooking spray. Press mixture into bottom of dishes. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool completely on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling, combine 1/4 cup milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, salt, and egg yolk in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Heat 3/4 cup milk over medium heat in a small, heavy saucepan to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil). Gradually add hot milk to sugar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Place mixture in pan; cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 5 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in liqueur and vanilla. Spoon custard into a small bowl; place bowl inside a medium ice-filled bowl for 10 minutes or until custard comes to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Remove bowl from ice; spoon custard into prepared crusts. Cover and chill 2 to 6 hours.
- Uncover tarts. Arrange 1/4 cup raspberries on top of each tart. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note