Raspberry Soufflés with Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 soufflé)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 149
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 30.9g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 38mg
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Calcium: 34mg
- 3 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup seedless no-sugar-added raspberry fruit spread
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce
- BITTER SWEET CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- Place 2 1/2 cups fresh raspberries in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Strain through a sieve into a bowl to measure 3/4 cup juice. Discard remaining solids. Crush remaining 1/2 cup raspberries; set aside.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Gradually add raspberry juice, stirring until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thick. Gradually stir about 1/4 of hot mixture into egg yolks; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Stir in fruit spread and liqueur. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat 2 minutes or until spread melts. Remove from heat; cool.
- Coat 10 (6-ounce) soufflé dishes with cooking spray; sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon sugar over bottom and sides of each dish. Place dishes on a jelly roll pan; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually add 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until soft peaks form. Fold 1/4 of egg white mixture into raspberry mixture. Fold raspberry mixture into remaining egg white. Fold in reserved crushed raspberries. Pour into prepared dishes.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until soufflés are puffed and lightly browned. Drizzle each soufflé with 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce before serving. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This