Dough was great and easy to work with~holes for jam could be bigger, or perhaps I could use a smaller amount for each cookie.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (10-ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Beat butter and 2/3 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until blended.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions, and roll each dough portion into a 12-inch-long x 1-inch-wide strip. Place 3 dough strips on each of 2 lightly greased baking sheets.
- Make a 1/2-inch-wide x 1/4-inch-deep indentation down center of each strip, using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Bake, in 2 batches, at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and spoon jam into indentations. Bake 5 more minutes or until lightly browned.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, 3 1/2 tablespoons water, and almond extract; drizzle over warm shortbread. Cut each strip diagonally into 12 (1-inch-wide) slices. Cool in pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This