I would have to agree with CCinYardley on how I cooked them. The dough was not able to be worked with in any other way, but cut up beautifully if pressed into a sheet pan. Added some extra preserves and only used about half of the icing (this makes a lot!). Used Vanilla extract (I don't care for almond). AMAZING!!! Making this weekend for all of my holiday parties!!
Almond extract and raspberry jam give this classic shortbread cookie a rich upgrade.
Yield: 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (10-ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam, divided
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until blended. Divide dough into 6 equal portions; roll each portion into a 12- x 1-inch strip. Place strips on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Make a 1/2-inch-wide by 1/4-inch-deep indentation down center of each strip using the handle of a wooden spoon. Spoon half of jam evenly into indentations.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; spoon remaining jam into indentations. Bake 5 more minutes or until lightly browned.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, water, and extract; drizzle over warm shortbread. Cut each strip diagonally into 1-inch slices. Cool in pans on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note