Fresh in-season raspberries are essential to this ruby-hued sauce. It will keep five days tightly covered in the refrigerator.
This recipe goes with Chocolate Chimichangas With Raspberry Sauce
More From Southern Living
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients and, if desired, orange liqueur, in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or just until raspberry mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat, and let cool completely.
- 2. Press raspberry mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a small saucepan, using the back of a spoon to squeeze out juice. Discard pulp and seeds. Whisk in 1 tsp. cornstarch. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Store in refrigerator up to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts