- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 cup Mahatma® or Carolina® Basmati or Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup dry white wine, divided
- salt and pepper
- 4 (4 oz each) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 tablespoons pint raspberries, if desired
How to Make It
In a medium pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Sauté shallots and ginger for 30 seconds. Add Basmati or Jasmine rice and stir for 1 minute. Pour in 1/2 cup wine and cook, stirring frequently, until wine is absorbed. Add 1 1/2 cups water, cover pan, and reduce heat to low. If preparing using Jasmine Rice, simmer 15 minutes (or with Basmati Rice for 20 minutes), or until all water is absorbed.
Rub salmon fillets with salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, jam and remaining 1/2 cup of white wine. Simmer over low heat until reduced by 1/ Heat a medium skillet over high heat.
Add remaining tablespoon olive oil and sear salmon fillets until golden and crispy, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook to desired doneness.
Arrange rice on plates, pool a small amount of sauce and top with a salmon fillet. Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.