RASPBERRY RIPPLE TEA CAKE
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup(s) butter
- 3/4 cup(s) buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2-1/4 cup(s) flour
- 10 ounce(s) package frozen, sweetened, red raspberries, thawed
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- Grease and flour a 10x2-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom or an 11x7x1-1/2 inch baking pan; set aside. For filling, in a small saucepan, stir together undrained raspberries and the cornstarch until well combined. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Optional: sieve the mixture, discarding the seeds. Set filling aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set 1/2 cup flour mixture aside for crumb topping. Into the remaining flour mixture, stir baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Make a well in center of dry mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and buttermilk or sour milk. Add the egg mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just till moistened.
- Spread two-thirds of the batter over the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of the prepared pan. Carefully spread the filling on top of the batter in pan. Spoon remaining batter in small mounds on top of the entire surface. Sprinkle with the crumb topping.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove coffee cake from tart pan. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by recipes743 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
RASPBERRY RIPPLE TEA CAKE Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch