Rhubard is not just for pies! We use the juice in our festive Raspberry-Rhubarb Spritzers.
More From Coastal Living
Cool: 1 Hour
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen and thawed rhubarb
- 1 (6-ounce) container fresh raspberries
- 1 cup light agave syrup
- 1 (750-ml) bottle sparkling wine or 1 (1-liter) bottle sparkling water
- Garnish: fresh raspberries
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients and 1 1/4 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 5 minutes.
- 2. Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, using a spatula to squeeze out juice. Discard fruit pulp and seeds. Cool mixture completely; transfer to an airtight container, and chill up to 2 weeks.
- 3. To serve, divide 1/4 cup rhubarb mixture among Champagne flutes or wineglasses. Top with about 1/2 cup sparkling wine. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note