Raspberry Refrigerator Jam
The ratio of sugar to pectin is ideal so the jam thickens as it cools. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to three weeks. Use this jam in the Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies.
This recipe goes with Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 74
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 18.3g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 0.0mg
- Calcium: 6mg
- 12 cups fresh raspberries (about 4 pints), divided
- 2 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1 (1.75-ounce) package pectin (such as Sure-Jell)
- Place 9 cups raspberries in a blender; process until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine sieve, pressing lightly with the back of a spoon; discard seeds. Combine raspberry puree and remaining 3 cups raspberries in a large bowl; partially mash raspberries with a spoon. Stir in 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- Combine 3/4 cup warm water and pectin in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve. Stir in remaining 3/4 cup sugar; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add pectin mixture to raspberry mixture in bowl, stirring until combined. Cool to room temperature. Mixture will thicken as it cools. Spoon into airtight containers; cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note