Photo: Oxmoor House
Nothing brings out rich chocolate flavor like a hint of fruity raspberry flavor. This cake calls for a few store-bought shortcuts, meaning you'll have a frosted layer cake in no time.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 133
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Carbohydrate: 28.1g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 47mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2 (8-ounce) packages chocolate sugar-free, low-fat cake mix (such as Sweet 'N Low)
- 1 1/2 cups strongly brewed chocolate-almond flavored coffee
- 1/4 cup raspberry spreadable fruit, melted
- 2 (0.53-ounce) packages sugar-free instant cocoa mix
- 1 (1.3-ounce) envelope sugar-free, reduced-calorie whipped topping mix (such as Dream Whip)
- 1/2 cup fat-free cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting coffee for water.
- Pour batter into 2 (8-inch) round cake pans. Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove cakes from pans. Poke several holes in each cake layer with a wooden pick. Brush warm cake layers with melted raspberry spread. Let cool completely on wire racks.
- Combine cocoa mix and whipped topping mix in a large bowl. Add milk and vanilla; beat with a mixer at low speed until blended. Beat at high speed for 4 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate; top with half of frosting. Top first layer with second cake layer; spread remaining frosting on sides and top of cake. Chill frosted cake until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts