- 2 (8-ounce) packages chocolate sugar-free, low-fat cake mix (such as Sweet 'N Low)
- 1 1/2 cups strongly brewed chocolate-almond flavored coffee
- 1/4 cup raspberry spreadable fruit, melted
- 2 (0.53-ounce) packages sugar-free instant cocoa mix
- 1 (1.3-ounce) envelope sugar-free, reduced-calorie whipped topping mix (such as Dream Whip)
- 1/2 cup fat-free cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- calories 133
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 2.5 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 2.4 g
- carbohydrate 28.1 g
- fiber 0.7 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 47 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting coffee for water.
Pour batter into 2 (8-inch) round cake pans. Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack.
Remove cakes from pans. Poke several holes in each cake layer with a wooden pick. Brush warm cake layers with melted raspberry spread. Let cool completely on wire racks.
Combine cocoa mix and whipped topping mix in a large bowl. Add milk and vanilla; beat with a mixer at low speed until blended. Beat at high speed for 4 minutes or until soft peaks form.
Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate; top with half of frosting. Top first layer with second cake layer; spread remaining frosting on sides and top of cake. Chill frosted cake until ready to serve.