I have no idea why there aren't more ratings for these. Always the star of my annual cookie tins. Definitely worth the time. I bake mine very thin (decreasing cook time) so that they stay somewhat dainty after putting them together. This is the cookie my family always asks for.
Raspberry Linzer Windowpane Cookies
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Cindy Barr
These beautiful raspberry cookies are easy to prepare. Cut them into shapes--round, rectangular, or even star-shaped. You can reroll the dough scraps, but chill them first.
Yield: 32 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 79
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 12.5g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 62mg
- Calcium: 3mg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, stirring well with a whisk.
- Place granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg substitute; beat until well blended. Beating at low speed, gradually add flour mixture; beat just until a soft dough forms. Divide dough into 2 equal portions, and wrap each dough portion in plastic wrap. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll each dough portion into a 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut with a 2-inch square cookie cutter with fluted edges to form 32 cookies. Repeat procedure with remaining dough portion. Place cookies 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Cut out centers of 32 cookies with a 1-inch square cookie cutter with fluted edges. Bake cookies at 375° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread center of each whole cookie with about 1/2 teaspoon jam. Sprinkle cut-out cookies with powdered sugar. (A) Place 1 cut-out cookie on top of each whole cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Raspberry Linzer Windowpane Cookies Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Cookies