Raspberry Linzer Hearts
Community Recipe from
- 1 package(s) favorite brand of sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup(s) Gold Medal flour
- 1/2 cup(s) finely ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) confectioners sugar
- 1 cup(s) seedless red raspberry jam warmed
- Combine all contents of cookie mix, flour, almonds, eggs and water in a large bowl. Stir with a spoon until well blended.
- Roll dough 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 3 inch hearts with a floured cookie cutter. Cut out the centers of half of the hearts with a smaller cookie cutter. Re-roll left over dough and repeat this process as needed.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake whole hearts at 375 for 8-9 minutes and cut out hearts for 6-7 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute on baking sheets, then remove to wire racks.
- To assemble, dust cut out hearts with confectioners sugar. Spread warmed jam over whole hearts, almost to the edges. Top with cut out hearts. Fill centers with 1/4 tsp jam.
- Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tinkerbell88 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes