These turned out really well! The dough definitely rolled out better after refrigerating it. I'm excited to see if my boyfriend enjoys eating them as much as I did making them : ) Can't wait to try them with blackrasberry jam.
Raspberry Linzer Heart Cookies
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Sodium: 41mg
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup plus 3 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325°F; line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Beat butter and 2/3 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla, then flour and salt. Shape dough into 2 disks; wrap 1 in plastic and refrigerate.
- On a floured surface, roll out remaining disk to about a 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out cookies with a 2 1/2-inch heart-shaped cutter. Use a smaller heart cutter to cut a window out of half of cookies. With a spatula, carefully transfer cookies to prepared baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Gather scraps and roll out again to make more cookies.
- Bake cookies in batches until edges of cookies are just golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies onto wire racks to let cool completely.
- Spread 3/4 tsp. jam over flat side of each cookie that doesn't have a window. Top with remaining cookies, flat side down, so that jam shows through windows. Carefully sift 3 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar over cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note