These cookies turn out beautiful and are so good. I have used this recipe on several occasions including Christmas and Valentines Day. You can vary the preserves to make them any flavor you like.
Raspberry Linzer Cookies
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 96
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 11.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 25mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 7.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons), divided
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 4 large egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons raspberry preserves with seeds
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1. Weigh or lightly spoon 2.25 ounces (about 1/2 cup) flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine 2.25 ounces flour and almonds in a food processor; process until finely ground. Weigh or lightly spoon remaining 5.25 ounces (about 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons) flour into a dry measuring cup. Combine almond mixture, remaining 5.25 ounces flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, stirring well with a whisk.
- 2. Place granulated sugar, butter, and rind in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add egg yolks; beat until well blended. Beating at low speed, gradually add flour mixture; beat just until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap; knead lightly 3 times or until smooth. Divide dough into 2 equal portions; wrap each portion in plastic wrap. Chill 1 hour.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 4. Roll each dough portion into a 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface; cut with a 2-inch rectangular cookie cutter with fluted edges to form 36 cookies. Repeat procedure with remaining dough portion; use a 1-inch rectangular fluted cutter to remove centers of 36 rectangles. Arrange 1 inch apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake, 1 batch at a time, at 350° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
- 5. Spread center of each whole cookie with about 1/2 teaspoon preserves. Sprinkle cutout cookies with powdered sugar. Place 1 cutout cookie on top of each whole cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Raspberry Linzer Cookies Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts