Delicious! Everyone who tried it loved it. We ended up serving it when it was still soft in the freezer because we couldn't wait! One said it was refreshing and summery. I used fresh strawberries, and I will give a tip that you need to add about 1/2 cup of milk/water to them to be able to puree them, and I would reccomend a food processor. I also increased the sugar to 1/2 cup and it was just the right amount of sweetness. Very easy and delicous, will make again!
Raspberry Frozen Yogurt
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 100
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 18.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 47mg
- Calcium: 124mg
- 2 cups vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Place thawed raspberries in a blender; process until smooth. Strain puree through a fine sieve over a bowl. Discard seeds. Add puree to yogurt mixture.
- Pour raspberry mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm. Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Raspberry Frozen Yogurt Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Ice Cream/Sherbet
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Freezable, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, 5 Ingredients or Less
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Dairy, Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Gluten-Free, Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Saturated Fat, Low Sodium
- COOKING METHOD: Ice-Cream Maker
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light
More Recipes Like This