Raspberry Fool with toasted angel food cake
Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) 1-inch pieces angel food cake(1/3 of a cake)
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Raspberries (about 12 oz)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) Finely grated lime zest( plus more)
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) Cream fraiche(sour cream/ mascarpone)
- 4 cups 1-inch pieces angel food cake (from about 1/3 of a cake)
- 2 1/2 cups raspberries (about 12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest plus more for serving
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup créme fraîche or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spread cake pieces on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toast until edges are golden brown but centers are still soft, 8–10 minutes. Let cool; set aside.
- Using a fork, coarsely mash raspberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon lime zest in a small bowl. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream, crłme fraîche, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Layer cake, raspberry mixture, and cream mixture in glasses or small bowls; top with lime zest.
- Hungry for More? If you have a question about this recipe, contact our Test Kitchen at email@example.com. To see more recipes like this one, check out our Berry Desserts
- Bon Appetit Aug 2013
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NancyOBrien and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Raspberry Fool with toasted angel food cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes