This is a very easy, very elegant dessert, which I think tastes even better the next day. In a hurry, I've cheated and used Cool Whip and the dessert still turns out great. I serve it with a dark cholocate wafer and a dollop of cream. Everyone asks for this recipe - it's a keeper!
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 297
- Calories from fat: 67%
- Protein: 1.8g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 23mg
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- 18 ounces raspberries (about 4 1/2 cups; see Notes)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur (optional)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a medium bowl, mash with a fork 12 oz. raspberries (about 3 cups), 2 tbsp. sugar, and the liqueur, if using. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whip cream with remaining sugar using a mixer or whisk until firm peaks form. With a spatula, fold in raspberry-liqueur mixture. Divide fool among 8 glasses or bowls and top with remaining fresh raspberries. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 2 hours.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Frozen berries are fine here: Use 12 oz. berries and garnish with fresh mint leaves instead of fresh berries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This