Raspberry Cream-Cheese Puffs
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 412
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Sodium: 434mg
- 1 1/2 packages Neufchâtel cheese, softened (12 oz.)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 puff pastry sheet (from a 15 oz. box), thawed
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400°. With an electric mixer, beat together Neufchâtel cheese and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add flour, egg and vanilla extract, then mix at medium speed until blended. Set aside.
- Roll out pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface to a 16-by-11-inch rectangle. Transfer to a large baking sheet. With a short end toward you, spoon cheese mixture lengthwise down center third of dough. Spoon jam in a line down center. With a knife or pastry wheel, cut 5 horizontal slashes on each side of filling, beginning on outside of dough, cutting toward middle to within 1/2 inch of filling. Crisscross strips over filling, overlapping for a braided effect.
- Bake pastry until puffy and golden, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes on pan on rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar just before cutting crosswise and serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts