Yield: Yield: About 54 (serving size: 2 meringues)
More From Health
Bake: 1 Hour, 40 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 27
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 9mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 200ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- 2. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar until mixture is glossy with stiff peaks, about 3 minutes. Fold in extract.
- 3. Spoon meringue into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe into 1 1/2-inch stars on sheet, 1/2 inch apart.
- 4. Bake until firm and crisp but not browned, 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes. Slide parchment, with meringues, off sheet onto a wire rack. Let cool completely before removing meringues from parchment.
- 5. Set a small bowl over a pan of simmering water. Place two-thirds of chocolate in bowl and melt, stirring occasionally. Remove bowl; stir in remaining chocolate until melted.
- 6. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Dip bottom of 1 meringue in chocolate, wipe off excess against side of bowl and transfer to sheet. Let stand until set. Repeat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This