This looked like cake, not a coffee cake. I made it for my husbands office. I did not try it so the rating is a guess. There were no leftovers.
Raspberry-Cheese Coffee Cake
Photo: J. Savage Gibson; Styling: Shelly Jacobs
Yield: 12 to 15 servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to cream cheese mixture, beating at low speed until well blended. Spread batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan. Dollop with preserves, and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until cake begins to leave sides of pan. Cool slightly, and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note