This was very good! I did change a few things; the first time I made it I forgot to add the raspberry vinegar but everyone liked it just fine without. I also substituted strawberries for the raspberries and everyone loved that. Family liked it so much they asked me to make it 2 days later when the grandparents came into town =)
Raspberry and Candied Walnut Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 211
- Calories from fat: 64%
- Protein: 5.7g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 330mg
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Salad oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup walnut halves or large pieces
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 3 quarts (3/4 lb.) butter lettuce, leaf lettuce, or salad mix (1 kind or a combination), rinsed, crisped, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup raspberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (8 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Lay a 10- to 12-inch-long sheet of foil on a heatproof surface and rub lightly with oil.
- 2. In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, combine sugar and walnuts. Shake and tilt pan often until sugar is melted and amber-colored and until nuts are coated, 4 to 5 minutes total. At once pour walnut candy onto foil. Let candy cool until hard, 12 to 15 minutes. Discard foil; break candy into chunks, put in a heavy plastic food bag, and hit gently with a flat mallet to break into small pieces. If making ahead, store airtight up to 2 days.
- 3. In a wide shallow bowl, whisk vinegar with oil, honey, mayonnaise, and pepper.
- 4. Add lettuce, onion, raspberries, cheese, and walnut candy. Mix and season to taste with salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This