Really good and simple frosting to make. Pureed and strained the raspberries as another commenter suggested, but could have used a bit of raspberry extract or liquor to help with taste. Had no problem piping onto cupcakes, just keep adding sugar until it's stiff!
Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Rose Nguyen
Add fresh raspberries to a classic buttercream frosting and brighten both the flavor and the color of your favorite layer cake or cupcake recipes.
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
- 1. Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 2. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended and smooth after each addition.
- Note: Be sure to wash and thoroughly dry raspberries before adding to frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts