Raspberry-Balsamic Glazed Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 bay leaf
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, mustard, vinegar, and jam.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in the hot oil and brown about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from pan and set aside. Add the chicken broth mixture to the pan and deglaze the pan, scraping up the brown bits with a wooden spoon. Add the garlic and bay leaf. Reduce heat to a simmer. Return the chicken to the pan, cover and braise until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and tent lightly with foil to keep warm. Discard the garlic and bay leaf. Bring the liquid to a rapid boil and reduce to a thick glaze, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour the glaze over the chicken and serve with steamed rice and spinach.
- Make extra and use the leftovers on a salad the next day for lunch!
- Experiment: This recipe works great with pork chops and apricot jam.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LeeHeck and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Raspberry-Balsamic Glazed Chicken Breasts Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes