I have made this several times over the past few years. It's super easy and very tasty. I don't think I'd serve it for company, but it's the perfect weeknight meal. It's quick, filling, tasty and healthy. I serve it with couscous or wild rice and a green vegetable. It's a keeper.
Raspberry-Balsamic Glazed Chicken
Other fruit preserves, such as apricot, blackberry, or peach, will also work in this recipe.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 210
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 26.6g
- Carbohydrate: 19.3g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 378mg
- Calcium: 24mg
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Combine thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sprinkle over chicken. Add chicken to skillet; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, preserves, vinegar, and pepper, stirring constantly until the preserves melt. Spoon raspberry sauce over chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Raspberry-Balsamic Glazed Chicken Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This