Photo: Oxmoor House
These cookies are light and buttery. I especially enjoy them during the holidays because of the different flavor the raspberry jam gives them. Best of all, they are quick and easy to make.
Yield: Makes 3 dozen.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam, melted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and almond extract. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat until blended. Spread in an ungreased 9" x 9" pan; smooth the surface. Spread jam on surface. Sprinkle almonds over jam. Bake 20 minutes or just until edges are golden. Cool, then cut into 1 ½-inch squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note