- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 4 large pears, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground toasted almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
How to Make It
Unroll piecrust, and fit into a 9-inch tart pan; trim excess.
Bake at 400° for 5 minutes; remove from oven, and cool completely on a wire rack. Spread raspberry jam evenly on bottom of prepared piecrust.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pears, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and arrange pear slices over raspberry jam.
Beat remaining 4 tablespoons butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg, beating until blended. Stir in vanilla wafer crumbs, almonds, and almond extract; spread evenly over pears.
Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned; cool on a wire rack.