- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup fresh Rangpur lime juice; or use 2/3 cup fresh lime juice plus 1/3 cup tangerine juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup silver (white) tequila
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, or kosher salt (optional)
- Wedges of Rangpur lime (optional)
- calories 167
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- protein 2.2 g
- fat 0.0 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 29 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- sodium 5.3 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup water. Let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. Add citrus juice and sugar; cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until steaming, 3 to 5 minutes. Nest pan in a bowl of ice water and stir until cool, then stir in tequila.
Line a 4 1/2- by 8 1/2-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap, letting wrap hang over ends. Pour citrus mixture into pan, cover with another piece of plastic (not touching mixture), and chill until firm, at least 2 hours and as long as 1 week.
Uncover pan. Holding ends of plastic wrap, lift gelled mixture on wrap onto a cutting board. Cut into 18 squares. Transfer to a plate. If you like, sprinkle with a little salt and garnish with lime wedges.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving (3 squares).