I think there is a mistake in the recipe. I followed the directions exactly & the pie was very runny. I think the 2 T cornmeal should be 2T cornstarch. Cornmeal does not cause the liquid to thicken as the pie cooks. The flavor was excellent but the pie did not set & I cooked it for 50 minutes
Rancher's Buttermilk Pie
More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Combine sugar and cornmeal in a large bowl. Stir in eggs and buttermilk until combined. Stir in pineapple and next 5 ingredients. Pour filling into piecrust.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until pie is set and top is lightly brown. Serve warm, at room temperature, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts