- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make It
Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
Combine sugar and cornmeal in a large bowl. Stir in eggs and buttermilk until combined. Stir in pineapple and next 5 ingredients. Pour filling into piecrust.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until pie is set and top is lightly brown. Serve warm, at room temperature, or cover and chill until ready to serve.