Ranch-Style Pinto Beans
- 1 1/2 pounds dried pinto beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sort and wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven. Add water to cover 2 inches above beans; soak overnight. Drain beans; add water to cover. Add remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Cover, and bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer two hours or until beans are tender, stirring occasionally. Add water, if necessary, to prevent beans from sticking.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note