Smoky and spicy chorizo adds bold flavor to the traditonal brunch dish, Ranch-Style Eggs with Chorizo.
Health DECEMBER 2011
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. In medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft (57 minutes). Add garlic and cook, stirring (1 minute). Add wine and cook until reduced by half. Add tomato, water, chili powder, chipotle, honey, and salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened (2030 minutes). Stir in lime juice.
3. While sauce simmers, arrange tortillas on a baking sheet. Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with 2 teaspoons oil. Bake, turning once, until crisp and slightly golden (57 minutes).
4. In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook, stirring to break apart, until golden brown (about 8 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels (reserve rendered fat in the skillet). Lower heat to medium and crack eggs into skillet. Cook until the whites are completely firm but the yolks are still soft (about 2 minutes).
5. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and lime zest.
6. To serve, spoon about 1/4 cup red chile sauce on each of 4 plates. Place a crisp tortilla on top of the sauce. Divide eggs, remaining sauce, lime sour cream, and chorizo among plates. Before serving, sprinkle with cilantro, cheese, and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Go to Full Version of