Quick, easy with excellent flavors using items you most likely buy / have on hand every week. I made this recipe last night for a weeknight meal and both my husband and I really enjoyed the bold flavors. Any lean steak variety will do for this one, and we used spring mix salad in lieu of only arugula, but otherwise made as directed. Definitely a filling recipe and I served along with some summer crisp corn for a full meal. Very easy to make and whips up in a snap; looks very appealing on the plate too - Absolutely a keeper recipe; Enjoy!
Ranch Steak Bruschetta Salad
We're not above reaching for a bottle of supermarket ranch dressing, if we can jazz it up with horseradish. The incredible spices layered throughout this steak salad call for a spicy, sweet wine to match.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 29 Minutes
- Calories: 384
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 25.3g
- Carbohydrate: 41.4g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 565mg
- Calcium: 88mg
- Salad dressing:
- 6 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coffee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 cups loosely packed arugula
- 12 (1-ounce) slices French bread, toasted
- 1. To prepare salad dressing, combine ranch dressing and horseradish in a small bowl; cover and chill.
- 2. To prepare steaks, combine black pepper, ground coffee, ground cumin, and ancho chile powder. Rub both sides of steaks with pepper mixture, and let stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat. Coat steaks with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan; let stand 7 minutes.
- 4. Combine shallots, fresh basil, bell peppers, juice, and tomatoes in a small bowl; toss well.
- 5. Arrange 1 cup arugula on each of 6 serving plates, and top each serving with 2 toast slices. Cut each steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Divide steak slices evenly among the toast slices; top each serving with about 2 tablespoons tomato mixture. Drizzle each serving with about 1 tablespoon of the salad dressing. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note