- Salad dressing:
- 6 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coffee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 cups loosely packed arugula
- 12 (1-ounce) slices French bread, toasted
- calories 384
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 13.2 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 25.3 g
- carbohydrate 41.4 g
- fiber 3.4 g
- cholesterol 55 mg
- iron 4.2 mg
- sodium 565 mg
- calcium 88 mg
How to Make It
To prepare salad dressing, combine ranch dressing and horseradish in a small bowl; cover and chill.
To prepare steaks, combine black pepper, ground coffee, ground cumin, and ancho chile powder. Rub both sides of steaks with pepper mixture, and let stand 10 minutes.
Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat. Coat steaks with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan; let stand 7 minutes.
Combine shallots, fresh basil, bell peppers, juice, and tomatoes in a small bowl; toss well.
Arrange 1 cup arugula on each of 6 serving plates, and top each serving with 2 toast slices. Cut each steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Divide steak slices evenly among the toast slices; top each serving with about 2 tablespoons tomato mixture. Drizzle each serving with about 1 tablespoon of the salad dressing. Serve immediately.