Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 13 minutes. No one can resist warm melted cheese. And you don't have to with this healthy version of a traditional quesadilla. Serve with the guacamole for a hearty appetizer or light lunch.
More From Health
- Calories: 224
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 643mg
- Calcium: 478mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups mixed, diced seasonal veggies (a combination of butternut squash, onion, garlic, mushrooms, frozen peas or corn kernels is nice)
- 2 cups (9 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. If using onions, sauté 3-5 minutes, or until soft and translucent. Add remaining vegetables. Continue cooking until all of the vegetables are soft.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 3. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of cheese and 1/3 cup of vegetables evenly over each tortilla; fold in half. Place tortillas on baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese melts. Enjoy with your favorite salsa.
- Variation: Add a tablespoon of cooked black or pinto beans to the vegetables in each quesadilla.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers