Ranch House BBQ Ribs
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) pure chile powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/4 cup(s) yellow mustard
- 4 rack(s) baby back ribs
- Mix all rub ingredients together.
- Slightly coat both sides of each rib with mustard.
- Sprinkle rub evenly all over the racks.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30-40 min. before cooking.
- When charcoal is covered with gray ash, put the water pan in place & fill it about 3/4 full with warm water. Put 2 cooking grates in place.
- Put the lid on, open the top vent completely and insert a thermometer into one of the openings in the vent. The temperature will rise to 340 and hight. When it does, closed the bottom vents completely. The temperature will slowly fall between 225 and 250. When it is does, open the bottom vents about 1/2way. Add two of the wood chunks to the charcoal & immediately close the door to maintain the temperature.
- Place the racks in the rib rack, then place the ribs in the middle of the top cooking grate. CLose the lid. Be sure the bottom vents are open at least 1/2way. let your ribs smoke. Maintain a temperature between 225 & 250 until the meat shrinks back at least 12 in. from the end of at least several bones, 31/2 to 4 hours. After the second hours, add the remaining wood chunks. If the temperature runs too high, close the bottom vents a bit. If the temperature falls too low, open the vents.
- Cook 4 to 5 hrs.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cmvb1679 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ranch House BBQ Ribs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes