Prep: 20 minutes. This recipe is legendary at the ranch. You get all the rich creaminess of the avocado but with much less fat and fewer calories. We promise you (and your picky kids) won't notice because the peas provide great body and texture.
More From Health
- Calories: 49
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 130mg
- Calcium: 9mg
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, seeded
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 chopped, seeded, tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red or sweet onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 to 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Slightly thaw frozen peas at room temperature.
- 2. Place peas in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Set aside.
- 3. Mash avocado with a fork or potato masher in a medium bowl. Add in the lemon juice, tomato, onion, jalapeño, garlic, and cilantro. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Add prepared peas and mix well.
- 4. Cover tightly and refrigerate for several hours. Serve with an array of fresh vegetables such as bell pepper strips, jicama, summer squash, and cherry tomatoes.
- Variation: You can also use steamed broccoli florets, asparagus tips, or edamame in place of the peas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ranch Guacamole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: Mexican
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Carbohydrate, Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Meatless, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Blender
- OCCASION: Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
- PUBLICATION: Health