I've found serving the serving size misleading. If it is your full breakfast, this serves only three people when using small bowls.
Ranch Breakfast Muesli
Photo: Alex Farnum; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Protein: 4.8g
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sodium: 4.5mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 firm tart apples, such as Granny Smith
- 1/4 cup toasted or raw sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup*, maple syrup, or mild honey
- 1/4 cup toasted or raw unsweetened shredded coconut, or dried currants
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt (optional)
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine oats with 3/4 cup water. Let stand while you prepare remaining ingredients.
- 2. Put lemon juice in another bowl. Peel 1 apple, then cut out 8 very thin slices. Turn slices in lemon juice and lift out; set aside. Peel and coarsely shred remaining apples into lemon juice; mix immediately.
- 3. Stir apples, nuts, syrup, and coconut into oats. Divide among 4 bowls. Serve with yogurt if you like; garnish with apple slices.
- *Agave syrup (also called agave nectar) is a sweetener made from the juice of the agave plant. Find it at well-stocked grocery and natural-food stores.
- Make ahead: In step 1, combine oats with 1 1/2 cups water; chill at least 2 hours and as long as overnight, then drain (oats will be fuller-textured than when short-soaked).
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch