1. Combine 4 cups boiling water and porcini; let stand 15 minutes. Drain through a sieve over a bowl; reserve porcini and soaking liquid. Slice porcini; set aside.
2. Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon; cook until almost crisp. Increase heat to medium-high. Add onion and carrot; sauté 2 minutes. Combine miso and soy sauce. Add miso mixture, porcini liquid, stock, garlic, and ginger to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain mixture through a sieve over a bowl; discard solids. Wipe pan clean. Return broth to pan; bring to a boil. Add noodles; cook 8 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil to pan; swirl. Add fresh mushrooms; sauté 8 minutes. Remove from pan; combine porcini and fresh mushrooms. Add remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil to pan; swirl. Add chicken, skin-side down; sauté 7 minutes or until skin is very crisp and golden brown. Turn chicken over; sauté 2 minutes or until done.
4. Place eggs in a small saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat; let stand 3 minutes. Drain; rinse under cold water. Drain and peel.
5. Divide noodle mixture among 6 bowls; top each serving with 3 tablespoons mushroom mixture, 2 tablespoons green onions, 1 chicken thigh, 1/2 egg, and 1 teaspoon sambal.
Go to Full Version of