Rajas con Queso
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 229
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 227mg
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- 3 fresh poblano chilies (about 10 oz. total)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 onion (about 1/2 lb.), sliced
- 1/4 pound sliced jack cheese
- 4 to 6 warm corn or flour tortillas (6 to 7 in. wide)
- 1. Place chilies in a broiler pan and broil about 3 inches from heat, turning as needed to char and blister on all sides, about 8 minutes total. Let cool. Pull off and discard stems and seeds. Cut chilies into thin strips.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir butter and onion often until onion is limp, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Mix chilies with onions and lay cheese slices on the vegetables. Cover and cook over low heat until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Scoop hot cheese mixture into tortillas. Fold to enclose filling, and eat.
- Nutritional analysis per appetizer serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This