- 3 fresh poblano chilies (about 10 oz. total)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 onion (about 1/2 lb.), sliced
- 1/4 pound sliced jack cheese
- 4 to 6 warm corn or flour tortillas (6 to 7 in. wide)
- calories 229
- caloriesfromfat 47 %
- protein 10 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 6.9 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- fiber 3 g
- sodium 227 mg
- cholesterol 38 mg
How to Make It
Place chilies in a broiler pan and broil about 3 inches from heat, turning as needed to char and blister on all sides, about 8 minutes total. Let cool. Pull off and discard stems and seeds. Cut chilies into thin strips.
Meanwhile, in a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir butter and onion often until onion is limp, 4 to 5 minutes.
Mix chilies with onions and lay cheese slices on the vegetables. Cover and cook over low heat until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
Scoop hot cheese mixture into tortillas. Fold to enclose filling, and eat.
Nutritional analysis per appetizer serving.