Raisin-Cranberry Granola Bars
If you prefer a chewier texture, bake the granola bars only 15 minutes. For a crispier bar, bake 18 minutes. Wrap individual squares in heavy-duty plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 159
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 31.6g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 33mg
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Calcium: 21mg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Cut butter into brown sugar with a pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in flour, oats, and next 5 ingredients.
- Combine egg whites, applesauce, and vanilla; stir well. Add to oat mixture; stir well.
- Press mixture into a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note