it was so tasty you should really try it if you are looking for raisin cake.....
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 433
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Carbohydrate: 87g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sodium: 595mg
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Cooking-oil spray
- 2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dutch-processed unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9- by 13-in. baking pan with cooking-oil spray and set aside.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, bring raisins and 3 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a steady simmer and cook until very tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, add butter, and let sit until butter melts.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- 4. Stir raisin-butter mixture into flour mixture. Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch