- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Sift together dry ingredients; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add eggs and milk, stirring until well blended. Stir in raisins.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface, and lightly knead 7 to 8 times.
- Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter. Place biscuits on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note