- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a large glass bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and next 3 ingredients until blended.
- Pat or roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter. Let stand 45 minutes.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Fry doughnuts, in batches, 1 minute on each side or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Roll doughnuts in powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads